Financial expert Jean Chatzky is inviting the greater Washington, D.C.-area to tune up its finances at the Credit Union Dollars and Sense Financial Fitness Pavilion at this weekend’s NBC 4 Health and Fitness Expo.
Chatzky is director of education at SavvyMoney and financial editor for the “Today” show. She was a keynote speaker at the 2013 Credit Union National Association Governmental Affairs Conference.
“It’s a fabulous opportunity to generate some awareness about credit unions,” said Jennifer Simmons, chief membership officer, Maryland and District of Columbia Credit Union Association (MDDCCUA). People recognize Chatzky from NBC’s “Today” show, and it adds credibility to credit unions’ standing as financial experts, she added.
As the second-largest event at the Washington Convention Center, the Health and Fitness Expo expects more than 85,000 attendees Saturday and Sunday.
Chatzky will take center stage at 2 p.m. Saturday, followed by a book signing at the Dollars and Sense Financial Fitness Pavilion. Attendees will receive copies of her best-selling book, “Money Rules: The Simple Path to Lifelong Security.”
They also can run their finances through a SavvyMoney checkup and learn more about credit unions and the benefits of membership.
The pavilion and advertising were made possible by 20 participating credit unions; MDDCCUA and its D.C. and Suburban Maryland chapters; the Virginia Credit Union League; the Credit Union Foundation of MD and DC; the National Credit Union Foundation; SavvyMoney; and CUNA.
Twenty credit unions will have their logos in the pavilion and were featured in a special newspaper insert prior to the expo. They are:
- Agriculture FCU, Washington, D.C.;
- Andrews FCU, Suitland, Md.;
- Wright Patman Congressional FCU, Oakton, Va.;
- District Government Employees FCU, Washington, D.C.;
- Department of the Interior FCU, Washington, D.C.;
- Department of Labor FCU, Washington, D.C.;
- Educational Systems FCU, Greenbelt, Md.;
- Healthcare Systems FCU, Fairfax, Va.;
- HEW FCU, Alexandria, Va.;
- Library of Congress FCU, Hyattsville, Md.;
- Market USA FCU, Laurel, Md.;
- Mid-Atlantic FCU, Germantown, Md.;
- Money One FCU, Largo, Md.;
- Montgomery County Employees FCU, Germantown, Md.;
- NASA FCU, Upper Marlboro, Md.;
- Police FCU, Upper Marlboro, Md.;
- Prince George’s Community FCU, Bowie, Md.;
- Signal Financial FCU, Kensington, Md.;
- US Postal Service FCU, Clinton, Md.; and
- WSSC FCU, Laurel, Md.